Parent Soccer Rules
Simple rules that everyone should observe:
- Do not shout instructions to your child during a game. Instructions from the coach and the parents are too confusing.
- Cheer for your child when he/she plays well, and the rest of the team, as well.
- Suffer in silence when things go against your child’s team. Displays of anger are embarrassing and unsporting.
- Do not run up and down the sidelines. Find a spot, relax, and watch the game.
- Do not shout insults or verbally abuse the referees, coaches, or players. The referee has the authority to eject players and coaches from a game, ask parent to leave the field, or stop the game if any individual becomes unruly.
- Aid the coach by helping provide refreshments at breaks in the game and practices. Make sure the field is kept clean.
- Set the tone for good sportsmanship by adopting a positive attitude win or lose. Compliment the good plays and ignore the mistakes.
Remember, your child will forget about today’s game but both of you will remember the good time he/she had playing the most popular sport in the world.